Discover early summer booking opportunities in your market with The Compass
Thursday, Jun 2, 2022
Hot weather always sparks a desire to want to get away, which is why now is the perfect time to start talking to your clients about summer booking opportunities. In today’s article, we’re going to show you how to find the top destination for your market. The Compass makes it easy for you to suggest the top sun and beach destinations to your clients.
Select your origin
The first step is a simple one: with The Compass open in your browser, take a look at the left-hand panel. Here, you’ll see a dropdown for the term ‘origin’ – this is the market you’re searching for, or the departure point for your client. Depending on the country you choose, you may be able to search by the country or by the region. The below origin countries can be further filtered down by region:
- Australia (Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia)
- Mexico (Centro Occidente, Centro Sur, Golfo de Mexico, Noreste, Noroeste, Norte, Pacifico Sur, Peninsula De Yucatan)
- Spain (Andalucia, Aragon, Asturias, Cantabria, Castilla – La Mancha, Castilla Y Leon, Catalunya, Ceuta Y Melilla, Comunitat Valenciana, Euskadi, Extremadura, Galicia, Islas Balearas, Isla Canarias, La Rioja, Madrid, Murcia, Navarra)
- United Kingdom (East Midlands, East of England, London, North East, North West, Northern Ireland, Scotland, South East, South West, Wales, West Midlands and Yorkshire & Humber)
- United States (California, Florida, Midwest Region, Northeast States, Pacific Northwest, Southeast Region and Southwest Region
Finding your top destinations
Next, you’ll want to filter down further to reveal the best sun and beach destinations for your clients’ early summer bookings. To do this, select the ‘Lead Time’ dropdown, select ‘1-3 months’ from the list, and select the ‘sun & beach’ icon found directly below. This will reveal the best destinations in this category for your market. If you want to narrow your search down to a specific region, you may wish to select ‘domestic’ or ‘international’ regions. There’s also an additional dropdown where you can search by ‘region’: America, Asia Pacific, Europe, or the Middle East, India and Africa. (Please note that the ‘region’ filter cannot be used for domestic searches.)
Identifying your top destination
In the ‘top destinations’ list, it’s likely that you’ll see a number of destinations accompanied by an orange bell symbol. These are Opportunities, aka the destinations which are currently in demand in your market – but which one should you really shout about to your clients? Scrolling back up to the top of the page, you will see a large visual banner. This banner will feature the name of one destination, alongside an orange box full of information about the destination. This is your top opportunity, and therefore the main destination that your clients need to know about (and that you need to start booking!). Below is an example of a search which uses Spain as the origin destination; as you can see, Barcelona is the number one destination that you should be sharing with your clients:
Further down the page, you’ll also be shown a list of hotels. Some will feature the orange bell icon, suggesting that these are the hotels you should be offering to your clients as a priority. If you click the bell icon, you’ll be given more information about that particular property, such as its distance from the airport, whether it’s a green hotel, or its proximity from a popular area. These factors may be important to your client, so make sure you share the information with them! Working with Bedsonline to provide amazing experiences for your clients couldn’t be easier.
Share with your friends and colleagues